An LED strip light is a type of lighting used to illuminate a surface. It is usually installed on the underside of cabinets, shelves, or other surfaces.
LED strip lights are often used in commercial settings such as restaurants and bars. They are also popular in residential settings for under-cabinet lighting and under-shelf lighting.
What is an LED Strip Light?
Led strip lights are small, linear ones on a roll that can be difficult to notice until they light up the area. They’re installed in many places and have begun to take over the world in recent years. Each panel is made of an array of LED strips soldered to a flexible printed circuit board. They are powered by a common power source and can be controlled remotely.
The main factors of LED strip light
LED chip size
It tells about the length and width of the led chip size and is measured in mm
LED chip Density
The amount of LED chips on the strip is defined by chip density. The higher the density of the chip, the more even your light and fewer “hot spots” you’ll see.
These cut lines give you the option to cut the LED and also re-connect it as per the needs.
Kelvin (Color Temperature)
Strip light brightness is measured in millicandelas/m – so the higher the number, the brighter your light. The Lumen output also determines the color temperature of your LEDs and has a range from 3000 to 12000 K. A regular 60-watt incandescent bulb falls somewhere around 800 lumens
Use of LED
- Decks, Patios, and Pathways
- Cars, Trucks, & Motorcycles
- Campers & Trailers
- Signs and Displays
- Art Installations
- The use of LED Tape Lights is typically limited to commercial, industrial, and institutional lighting applications.
- In recent years, LEDs have been deployed for residential use as well with the development of LED Strip Lights.
- LED strip lights provide a more efficient light output and have a lower power consumption than traditional fluorescent lights or incandescent bulbs.
- They are also much more environmentally friendly and can last up to 50,000 hours of operation.
- A single LED strip light could replace four incandescent or fluorescent fixtures, saving significant amounts of energy and money!
Leave a Reply