This blog post will show you how to make your TV stand higher so you can watch in comfort.
If the height of the tv stand is too low and you would like to make it higher, you can buy a TV stand riser. These are inexpensive and can be found at most stores that sell electronics. Simply place the riser under your TV stand and you will have the added height you need.
The height of your TV depends on two things:
How thick it is and what kind of stand you use. If the screen’s too high for where ever in front, then there are risers that can be installed under each leg to make everything look better!
Tips On Raising TV Stand
1. Use TV stand Riser
The most recommended and simplest solution is to invest in an adjustable riser for the TV. This means you will adjust the height of the TV without having to touch or move the stand.
Risers make it easy to adjust your TV by walking up to the screen and moving it up or down. This is faster, safer, and more efficient than any other solution available.
A more permanent solution would possibly be to buy an adjustable riser mountable onto most stands – these come with adjustments, so viewers don’t need constant help adjusting them up or down as needed.
This is a good option as it will avoid risking the base of your setup (i.e., TV stand). It’s better to leave that as it is.
2. Use Riser For The TV Stand
You may always purchase risers for the setup to boost the height of a TV stand.
The height of your TV stand will increase by a few inches due to these risers, which will be placed on the legs.
It’s a straightforward setup, but you must be cautious with it. You don’t want the TV stand to get uneven and fall due to faulty riser installation.
3. Build a New Base for the TV
You can also make the TV stand as per your preference it will satisfy your need for which you need some materials and need to do some measurements. although it will be time-consuming in the end, you will make the best tv riser stand.
Once you finish with measurements start building a custom-fit TV stand it will look simple and more functional.
How to make it higher with home DIY?
There are a few different ways you can make your TV stand higher.
- One popular method is simply placing books underneath the TV stand’s legs. This will work as a Tv stand booster and raise the TV to a more comfortable viewing height.
- You can also use furniture risers or blocks to achieve the same effect. If you’re feeling particularly creative, you could even stack up some old DVDs or Blu-rays to raise the TV higher (just make sure they’re sturdy enough to support the TV’s weight!).
- You could also look for a taller piece of furniture that can serve as a makeshift TV stand, like a bookshelf or cabinet. Make sure it’s stable and won’t topple over when you put your TV on it!
So these all are inexpensive ways to make a TV stand Higher
How to make a Tv stand? (Make TV stand at Home)
To make a TV stand, you will need:
- Four pieces of wood for the legs (such as 2x4s or 4x4s)
- Two sheets of plywood for the top and bottom shelves
- Wood glue
- A saw (such as a circular saw or jigsaw)
- A drill
- A measuring tape
- A pencil
Instructions: make a TV stand Riser at home
- Measure and cut the wood for the legs to the desired height of the TV stand.
- Measure and cut the plywood for the top and bottom shelves to the desired width and length.
- Sand all the wood pieces to smooth out any rough edges.
- Apply wood glue to the legs and attach them to the corners of the bottom shelf using screws.
- Place the top shelf on top of the legs and attach it using screws.
- Allow the glue to dry according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Place your TV on top of the stand and enjoy!
Note: These are just general instructions for making a TV stand. You may need to adjust the size and design of the stand based on your specific needs and the materials you have available.
How high should a tv stand be
The ideal height for a TV stand depends on the size of your TV and the viewing distance. As a general rule, the center of your TV should be at or slightly below eye level when you are seated.
Here are a few tips to help you determine the appropriate height for your TV stand:
- Measure the height of your TV and add the height of the stand (if you are using one).
- Measure the distance from your seating area to the TV.
- Divide the total viewing distance (in inches) by 3 to determine the optimal viewing height (in inches).
For example, if you are using a 50-inch TV and the viewing distance is 9 feet (108 inches), the ideal viewing height would be 36 inches (108 / 3). If your TV stand is 6 inches tall, the ideal height for the stand would be 30 inches (36 – 6).
Remember to consider the height of your TV stand when selecting a TV. For example, if you want to use a TV stand that is 30 inches tall, you should choose a TV that has a height of fewer than 30 inches.
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
Here are a few unique ideas for TV risers that you could try:
- Use an old ladder: An old ladder can make a great TV riser with a rustic or vintage look. Simply lean the ladder against the wall and place the TV on the top rung.
- Build a platform: Create a platform for the TV to sit on using wood or other materials. You could add storage space underneath the platform for added convenience.
- Use a stack of books: If you have a lot of hardcover books, you can stack them under the TV to raise it to the desired height. This is a cheap and easy solution that also adds a touch of personality to your home.
- Use a plant stand: An indoor plant stand can make a unique and stylish TV riser. Just be sure to choose a sturdy stand that is capable of supporting the weight of your TV.
- Use a trunk: An old trunk can make a great TV riser with a vintage or bohemian look. You can also use it to store DVDs, cables, and other TV-related items.
I hope these ideas inspire you to come up with your own unique TV riser solution!
Can you invert TV stand legs?
It is possible to invert the legs of a TV stand, but it may not be the most practical solution and could potentially cause stability issues.
TV stands are designed with the legs in a specific position for a reason, usually to provide the necessary support and stability for the stand and the TV it is holding. Inverting the legs could change the center of gravity of the stand and make it less stable.
Additionally, inverting the legs may not be aesthetically pleasing and could affect the overall look of the stand.
If you are trying to lower the height of the TV stand, you could try using shorter legs or placing the stand on a riser to achieve the desired height. You could also consider building a new stand or purchasing a stand with legs that are already the desired height.
I recommend carefully considering these options before inverting the legs of your TV stand.
There are plenty of ways to make your TV stand higher if it’s too low for your comfort. Whether you use books, furniture risers, or even Blu-rays to add height, there’s sure to be a solution that works for you.
So next time you settle for movie night and find yourself craning your neck to see the screen, remember these tips and try them. You’ll be able to watch in comfort in no time!